Tuesday, December 17, 2013 Filed in: Custom Action Figures
CustomCon 36 was recently hosted by ActionFigurePics.com
Here are some links if you have not checked out the cool custom action figures.DAY ONE: Tuesday, December 10
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 Filed in: Toys
Matty from Mattycollector.com takes the time to answer questions from collectors.
Thank you Matty!
1) I have seen the new Target Exclusive JUSTICE LEAGUE figures both the single carded figures and the 7 pack. The photos of the 7 pack set on the Target website and the back of the package show the figures in a metallic paint finish. However the figures in the package do not have the metallic finish.
QUESTION: are there variants of these figures coming? I would rather have the metallic Cyborg and Hal Jordan, as well as Superman, Flash and Aquaman.
Right now, there are no plans for metallic painted variants of the Justice League figures. Due to the way production schedules work and how early photo models are needed, the photo models on package are all hand- made models rather than actual production pieces. As such, they have to be decorated with paint, which has a different metallic effect than the molded metallic plastic of the actual production run.
2) Hi, I've seen the new evergreen Batman 3.75" figure with vehicle sets at Target and other retailers. I know that Target is selling their exclusive 3.75" 5 pack set on their website. Some people have seen the single carded 3.75" Batman figures at Krogers grocery store and Khol's but not the big retailers.
QUESTION: When are they coming and which retailers will be selling them?
The Batman fig/vehicles and figures will be sold at a variety of fine retailers, both brick-and-mortar and online. They are have been hitting shelves for the past few months.
3) DC Infinite Heroes ended in 2010, in favor of preparing for the Young Justice figures. Both lines had a bad launch, but DC Infinite Heroes managed to get several waves and over 150 figures including the different paint variations. Many DC 3.75" - 4" figure fans want to see this line return. Since this line was patterned after the figure designs for the DC UNIVERSE ONLINE video game, why not rename the line after the video game? (You did make Arkham City and Injustice game figures.) You can release new figures as well as some of the old figures that appear in the game. As the game developers continue to add to the game, more DC Characters and costume variations are being added. We know that there was a LOST wave of DCIH figures that were prototyped and never released. Add some elbow articulation to the female figures and bring these figures back.
QUESTION: Will we see some good looking DC 3.75"-4" figures like DCIH in the future, maybe labeled under "DC Universe Online" or even "Justice League"?
You’ll have to wait and see! For now, you can check out the Justice League figures that recently launched at Target.
4) QUESTION: Is the Superman Man of Steel 3.75"-4" figure line geared more for kids than collectors? The line appears to have several multi-colored versions of Superman and some with or without some battle armor. Many collectors prefer the traditional DC comic book costume versions over the Warner Brothers movie costume versions.
By the time these answers hit the web, the Man of Steel product will have hit shelves, so you can see what’s out there! The figures celebrate and are inspired by the film.
5) QUESTION: If you release a 3.75"-4" line of "Justice League" action figures, will they be nicely sculpted and articulated like the DC Infinite Heroes or will they have clunky over-sized hands and feet and limited articulation like the current evergreen Batman 3.75"-4" figures have?
What would you like to see?
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 Filed in: Toys
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 Filed in: Movies and TV
The world is turned upside down as one of earth’s greatest super heroes – Flash – wakes up devoid of his super powers in the all-new Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox – the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Original Animated Movies. Produced by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, this all-new, PG-13 rated film arrives July 30, 2013 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-Ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP), DVD ($19.98 SRP) and Digital Download. The Blu-ray Combo Pack will include UltraViolet.
When time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for Flash and his family, the event’s temporal ripples prove disastrous, creating a fractured, alternate reality where the Justice League never formed, and even Superman is nowhere to be found. Amidst a new world being ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman’s Amazons and Aquaman’s Atlanteans, Flash must team with a grittier, more violent Batman and government agent Cyborg to restore the continuity of Flash’s original timeline.
“Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox has all the elements of another great film – dynamic forceful villains, treacherous twists and turns and internal tensions amongst heroes,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Home Video Vice President, Family, Animation and Partner Brands Marketing. “Showcasing a cast that brings together some of today’s popular primetime television actors with many fans’ favorite voices from the original series, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is proud to release this title as the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie.”
Primetime television stars Justin Chambers (Grey’s Anatomy) and Kevin McKidd (Grey’s Anatomy), the voices of Barry Allen/Flash and Thomas Wayne/Batman, respectively, unite with numerous greats of television and film to fashion the famed animated roles. Adding to the celebrity-laden voice cast and providing thrilling additions to the Justice League series are Michael B. Jordan (Fruitvale, Friday Night Lights, Chronicle) as Cyborg, C. Thomas Howell (Southland, The Outsiders) as Thawne/Professor Zoom, Nathan Fillion (Castle) as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Ron Perlman (Hellboy) as Slade and Deathstroke, Dana Delany (Body of Proof) as Lois Lane, Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as Aquaman, Danny Huston (Magic City) as General Lane, Sam Daly (The Office, The Daly Show) as Superman, and Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) as Batman.
Screenwriter Jim Krieg delivers an action-packed vision of the legendary comic book miniseries FLASHPOINT, by Geoff Johns & Andy Kubert, adding to the over 13 million DC Universe video units produced to date. Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) is director and James Tucker (Superman: Unbound) is producer.
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Blu-ray has over three hours of exciting extra content, including:
- A Flash in Time: Are there other dimensions? Can time travel get us there? And if The Flash existed, could he really travel through time? Interviews with experts in mythology, theoretical physics and top DC writers will examine the science and legacy of the storytelling behind the fiction.
- My Favorite Villains! The Flash Bad Guys: Acclaimed DC Comics writer Geoff Johns and others share their favorite Flash villains in this short film that gives viewers a glimpse into the Flash’s world through the eyes of some of the nefarious characters he has encountered over the past 70 years!
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe animated movie: An in-depth look into the next DC Animated feature film, spotlighting the cast and crew.
- From the DC Comics Vault: Bonus cartoon episodes The Flashpoint Paradox Audio Commentary
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 Filed in: Video Games
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Infinite Crisis, an all-new multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game developed by Turbine, the award winning studio behind free-to-play online games including The Lord of the Rings Online. Infinite Crisis is a free-to-play game that features a deep roster of DC Comics characters and is scheduled for release in 2013 for the PC.
Infinite Crisis is a new entrant into the wildly popular MOBA genre that delivers a heart-pounding competitive player vs. player battle experience set in the legendary DC Multiverse - a world in which familiar DC Comics characters have been reimagined in startling ways. Featuring a wide variety of DC Comics heroes and villains, Infinite Crisis puts players in control of twisted incarnations of their favourite characters throughout the Multiverse such as Nightmare Batman and Gaslight Catwoman, playing in league with well-known characters including Green Lantern and The Flash.
“We are thrilled to bring Infinite Crisis, a truly competitive experience featuring the DC Comics lore and characters, to the MOBA genre,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Turbine is a pioneer in online gaming and combined with the amazing world of DC Comics, they are executing on a game concept that expands the MOBA genre.”
“The Turbine team is very excited to reveal Infinite Crisis to the world and extend the MOBA genre with new features,” said Jeffrey Steefel, Executive Producer, Turbine. “We are utilizing years of experience in the online game space to deliver innovations to the MOBA genre with a game that features fast-paced action, a major story arc, destructible environments, catastrophic events and a deep roster of iconic DC Comics characters.”
For more information or to sign up for a chance to participate in the beta visit www.infinitecrisis.com.
I use a MacOS computer, so I may not be able to play this PC game when it becomes available. I will have to wait and see. In the mean time I still am playing the DC UNIVERSE ONLINE game.
Friday, March 22, 2013 Filed in: Movies and TV
Iconic Superheroes Get Stop-Motion Skewering on Blu-Ray and DVD with Release of Annie Award-Winning Special and Two Plus Hours of Bonus Features, Available July 9, 2013
This July, the Robot Chicken television series heads back to Blu-ray(TM) and DVD - and this time, the DC Comics universe is at the center of its Emmy(R) Award-winning stop-motion lampooning. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, in partnership with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, continues to build its repertoire of dishing out hilarious sketch comedy parodies in the all-new Adult Swim Blu-ray and DVD release, Robot Chicken DC Comics Special. The special, which boasts an all-star cast as well as characters Robot Chicken fans have grown to love, provides a unique take on some of the most iconic superheroes from the DC Comics universe - along with others whose powers can't really be called "super." It will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on July 9, 2013 for the suggested retail price of $19.98 and $14.98, respectively.
With more than two hours of bonus content created by the special's producers, including deleted scenes, commentaries, outtakes and more, the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Blu-ray and DVD is a must-own addition for fans of Robot Chicken and DC Comics alike. The special's all-star cast includes series co-creator and executive producer Seth Green as Batman, Robin and the put-upon Aquaman; Neil Patrick Harris as Two-Face; Alfred Molina as Lex Luthor; Nathan Fillion as the Green Lantern; Megan Fox as Lois Lane; series and special writer/voice talent Breckin Meyer as Superman, plus Abe Benrubi, Alex Borstein, Clare Grant, Tara Strong, series co-creator and executive producer Matthew Senreich, series co-head writer/co-executive producer Tom Root, series director Zeb Wells and Kevin Shinick as co-producer, writer and narrator.
Thursday, February 21, 2013 Filed in: Movies and TV
A destructive force is devastating planets across the galaxy – with Earth next in its sights – and even Superman may not be capable of halting the terror in SUPERMAN: UNBOUND, the next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the all-new, PG-13 rated film arrives May 7, 2013 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as a Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP), On Demand and for Digital Download. The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack will include UltraViolet™*.
Based on the Geoff Johns/Gary Frank 2008 release "Superman: Brainiac," SUPERMAN: UNBOUND finds the Man of Steel aptly handling day-to-day crime while helping acclimate Supergirl to Earth’s customs and managing Lois Lane’s expectations for their relationship. Personal issues take a back seat when the horrific force responsible for the destruction of Krypton – Brainiac – begins his descent upon Earth. Brainiac has crossed the universe, collecting cities from interesting planets – including Supergirl’s home city of Kandor – and now the all-knowing, ever-improving android has his sights fixed on Metropolis. Superman must summon all of his physical and intellectual resources to protect his city, the love of his life and his newly-arrived cousin.
The film’s stellar voicecast is led by Matt Bomer (White Collar) as Superman, John Noble (Fringe, The Lord of the Rings films) as Brainiac, Stana Katic (Castle) as Lois Lane and Molly Quinn (Castle) as Supergirl. Additional voices in the cast include Golden Globe Award winner Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under) as Ma Kent, Wade Williams (The Dark Knight Rises) as Perry White, Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show, Office Space) as Steve Lombard, Stephen Root (Boardwalk Empire, Justified) as Zor-El, and Alexander Gould (Weeds) as Jimmy Olsen.
Supervising Producer James Tucker (Justice League, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) also directs the film from a script by Bob Goodman (Warehouse 13, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns).
“SUPERMAN: UNBOUND adds an all-new chapter to the growing legacy of animated films featuring the Man of Steel and his epic challenges to maintain peace on Earth,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Home Video Vice President, Family & Animation and Partner Brands Marketing. “Matt Bomer’s voice epitomizes the All-American hero that is Superman, and John Noble counters that tone with a commanding, chilling delivery for Brainiac. A superhero is only as good as the depths of his opposition, and Noble brings out the best in his villainous portrayal of Brainiac.”
SUPERMAN: UNBOUND Blu-ray Combo Pack has over 4 1/2 hours of exciting content, including:
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- Sneak Peek at Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- Featurette – “Kandor: History of the Bottle City” – An all-new featurette. Kandor: a peaceful scientific community dedicated toward the preservation of all that is good on Krypton, the home world of Superman. That is, until the city was ripped from its world and placed into a small glass bottle! This is the short story highlighting the shrunken city of Kandor. Its history just as fascinating as it is unique, here is how it ties in directly with the Man of Tomorrow.
- Featurette – “Brainiac: Technology and Terror” – An all-new featurette. Mostly machine, but part sentient being, Brainiac steals cities and destroys worlds. Is he the most vile of Superman’s villainous foes? Experience the Brainiac mythology and find out why Superman barely stands a chance!
- Audio Commentary – Featuring members of the creative team: Mike Carlin, Bob Goodman and James Tucker.
- Four bonus episodes from Superman: The Animated Series (“The Last Son of Krypton, Part 1”; “New Kids in Town”; and “Little Girl Lost, Parts 1 & 2&rdquo, all handpicked by producer Alan Burnett.
- Digital Comic – Excerpt from the graphic novel Superman: Brainiac by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
* Superman: Unbound UltraViolet offer is a limited time offer. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go to ultraviolet.flixster .com/info for details.
Thursday, January 24, 2013 Filed in: Movies and TV
When Bruce Wayne receives the man of the year award, fellow billionaire Lex Luthor becomes jealous and decides to run for President. To create the atmosphere for his type of fear-based politics Lex recruits the Joker to perfect a Black LEGO Destructor Ray which wreaks havoc on Gotham. As Lex destroys Batman's tech, Batman reluctantly turns to Superman for help.
Street Date: 5/21/2013
Run Time: 71
Includes an exclusive Clark Kent/Superman Lego Minifigure (Initial Ship Only)
Thursday, January 03, 2013 Filed in: Movies and TV
BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, PART 2, the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies, arrives January 29, 2013 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as a Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD, On Demand and for Download. The PG-13 film is produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation.